The VA’s Non-Service Connected Pension Program helps low-income veterans by providing supplemental income to the household.
Some basic information about the program:
- The veteran must have served during a war time period.
- All income including the spouses income is considered when making application.
- Medical expenses can be deducted from the household income to qualify.
- Additional benefits may be available for severely disabled veterans who qualify for aid and attendance.
- You can not draw both Compensation and Pension.
For more information and other qualifying factors go to the link above or post your questions here.