HOW CAN I CHECK MY DISABILITY PERCENTAGE OR AWARD AMOUNT IN EBENEFITS?
From the Ebenefits Homepage or your Dashboard
Click on access my documents tab
Click on Download VA letters
Click on Benefit Verification or benefit summary. These letters will confirm details about the VA benefit that you are currently receiving.
Sometimes this information is slow updating so you may want to check Benefit explorer.
From the Ebenefits Homepage or your Dashboard
Click on apply for benefits tab
Click on Benefits explorer Your VA disability should default to your % amount. NOTE YOUR VA DISABILITY AND MILITARY SEPARATION (DOD DISABILITY RATING) MAY DEFAULT TO the SAME %. ALSO YOU MAY SEE P&T status, it automatically defaults to this too.
The next option is to check your COE
Click on apply for benefits tab then VA Home loan certificate of eligibility
Click on View your COE.
Look under Funding Fee - It may read something like Veteran is ------ from Funding Fee due to receipt of service-connected disability
compensation of $$$$$$$.
KEEP IN MIND IT COULD TAKE SEVERAL DAYS FOR YOUR VARO TO UPDATE EBENEFITS. UPDATES............. As most of us are aware Ebenefits is a work in progress therefore anytime new changes or updates occur ebenefits users may have mixed or inaccurate information . These changes and updates usually happen during off peak hours such as weekends but can occur anytime. I think some confusion occurs because the seamless transition of the new update is not always immediate. This is my opinion based on years of observation. Therefore, when viewing your claim(s) after such updates be aware of the fact, it is best to check the accuracy based on other sources such as your the VSO, IRIS or the 1-800-827-1000 a.k.a. Peggy.
MYHEALTHYVET AND CHECKING YOUR SC PERCENT COMPENSATION. Optimally you should have a premium account.
1. Go to MyHealthVet home page
2. Click the to Blue Button located under service alerts
3. Click on download my custom blue button data
4. Click on Select DATE range from your entrance to military - current date
5. Next click on DEMOGRAPICS BOX
6. After loading click desired viewing method PDF etc...
Scroll until you see va demographics then eligilibility you disability percent should default to current combined rating.
The purpose of this post is to help veterans with EBENEFITS. IF SOMEONE COULD ADD TO IMPROVE THIS POST PLEASE DO. Remember Ebenefits is Work in progress and is always changing.Please start a new thread if you have questions.
About DS Logon
- What is a DS Logon?
- Why should I get one?
- Who is eligible?
- Where can it be used?
- How do I upgrade?
- About Permissions
The Department of Defense Self-Service Logon (DS Logon) is a secure, self-service logon ID that allows DoD and VA affiliates to access several websites using a single username and password.
- A DS Logon supports the Personnel Identity Protection (PIP) Directive and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) e-Authentication guidance.
- A DS Logon provides a high level of authentication assurance in situations where Common Access Card (CAC) authentication is not available.
- There are currently two types of DS Logon accounts available where each provides varying access to information depending on the application being accessed.
A DS Logon Basic Account is simpler to obtain but provides limited access to website features. You can apply for a Basic Account online without having your identity verified in person. This account allows limited access to information you enter yourself, such as your email address, state, and whether you're interested in benefits for Veterans, Service Members, or other categories of beneficiary. However, you cannot see your personal information in VA or DoD systems. The main advantage of a Basic Account is that it enables you to upgrade more quickly to a Premium Account when you go in person to a VA Regional Office or TRICARE Service Center.
A DS Logon Premium Account gives you the highest level of access to website features. You must verify your identity in person to get a Premium Account. This account lets you view personal data about yourself in VA and DoD systems, apply for benefits online, check the status of your claims, update your address records, and much more.
In today's internet age, the security around a person's Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Personal Health Information (PHI) is paramount.
To increase the level of security beyond simple username/passwords that are common on many websites, the DoD has created the DS Logon. Our goal is to provide a logon that is easy to use and maintain throughout the DoD and VA.
Per the Office Under the Secretary of Defense (OUSD) Memorandum dated 08-NOV-2010, all service members serving on active duty shall obtain a DS Logon by November 2013.
Although it is not a requirement for other eligible DoD beneficiaries and veterans, a DS Logon is a benefit providing access to multiple self-service applications without the need of a Common Access Card (CAC).
Currently the following groups of people can obtain a DS Logon.
- Service Members (Active Duty, Guard/Reservists, Retirees)
- Eligible Family Members (18 and over)
You must be enrolled in Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) to obtain a DS Logon.
The number of self service applications that are accessible with a DS Logon is growing. Below is the current list of applications.
- TRICARE Online (TOL) https://www.tricareonline.com/
- VA's eBenefits portal https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/
- Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/bwe/
- myDoDbenefits http://mydodbenefits.dmdc.osd.mil/
- Transferability of Education Benefits (TEB) https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/TEB
Additional web sites will use DS Logon in the future.
There are 2 methods available to ugrade your Basic Account to a Premium Account. One method involves completing a remote proofing process online. Another method involves verifying your identity in person. In-person proofing is performed at VA Regional Offices (VAROs), TRICARE Service Centers (TSCs) and Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs). If visiting a TSC, we recommend that you call the TRICARE facility first to confirm that in-person proofing for a DS Logon is available at that location.
You are able to upgrade your Basic Account to a Premium Account after completing an in-person proofing process. Today in-person proofing is performed primarily at VA Regional Offices (VARO) and TRICARE Service Centers (TSC). If visiting a TSC, we recommend that you call the TRICARE facility first to confirm that in-person proofing for a DS Logon is available at that location.
Two forms of documentation are required to prove your identity. Prior to visiting a VA Regional Office or TSC, please locate and bring two forms of documentation that prove your identity. (See I-9 Document list).
TRICARE Service Centers
You may request a DS Logon at TSCs after completing an in-person identity proofing process. To locate a TSC, visit Tricare Contact Information or follow the links below to search by region. We recommend that you call TRICARE first to confirm that in-person proofing for a DS Logon is available at your local TSC. Once you have requested a DS Logon account, you will receive a DS Logon activation code with instructions via U.S. mail in 7-12 business days.
TSC LOCATORS BY REGION:
If you are not sure of the TRICARE Region in which you live, you can refer to the TRICARE Region Map. Before visiting a TSC, please locate your two I9 Identity Documents. (See I9 list below). While at the TSC, please make sure the Operator has your current address. Your Activation letter, containing your activation pin number, will be sent to your address of record within 5-12 business days.
- North Region: Use the North Region's Service Center Locator to find your nearest location or call 1-877-874-2273
- South Region: Use the South Region's TRICARE Service Center Locator to find your nearest location or call 1-800-444-5445
- West Region: Use the West Region's TRICARE Service Center Locator to find your nearest location or call 1-888-874-9378.
The following map guides you to your nearest VA Regional Office.
To comply with privacy rules such as HIPAA regulations and to protect an individual's personal data, Beneficiaries are limited to viewing their own information. However Sponsors, or "head of households", are able to view information for other individuals within their family. There may be circumstances when a Beneficiary desires to assign specific permissions to other designated individuals. To accomodate this we permit the assignment of the following permissions:
- This permission refers to health care access.
- This permission refers to placement incharge and/or discharge for medical treatment setting.
- Medical Services
- This permission refers to medical treatment decisions, either provided or withdrawn, that addresses health care needs.
- Medical Expenses
- This permission refers to the viewing and tracking of out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Living Will
- A living will is a legal document that a person uses to make known his or her wishes regarding life prolonging medical treatments. It may be referred to as an advance directive, health care directive, or a physician's directive. This permission allows for advanced healthcare decision making.
- Health Care Enrollment
- This permission refers to the managing of health care enrollment.
- Refill Prescriptions
- This permission refers to the refilling of prescriptions
- Appointment Scheduling
- This permission refers to appointment scheduling
- Benefits and Rates
- This permission refers to benefit & rate access privileges
- Payment History
- This permission refers to the ability to monitor payment history of VA Compensation and Pension, Education and Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) benefits payments.
- Debt Amount Owed
- This permission refers to requesting information on amount of money owed
- Benefits Payment
- This permission refers to requesting benefits payment letters
- Direct Deposit
- This permission refers to access to direct deposit / electronic funds transfer (EFT) account information.
- Claim Appeal Status
- This permission refers to checking the status of claim appeal(s).
- Sign Legal Documents
- This permission refers to the signing of legal documents.
- This permission refers to Benefits access.
- Contact Info Only
- This permission refers to accessing and updating of contact information only.
- Profile Info
- This permission refers accessing and updating personal profile (Personal Info) attributes.
VA web site for FAQ http://www.vba.va.gov/VBA/ebenefits/FAQ.asp
eBenefits Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is eBenefits?
What is a DS Logon?
What is a Basic (eBenefits) DS Logon Account?
What is a Premium (eBenefits) DS Logon Account?
How do I get a DS Logon (eBenefits) Premium account if I am a Service member?
I am an active Service member with a Common Access Card. Do I need to be In- Person Proofed?
How do I get a DS Logon (eBenefits) Premium account if I am a military retiree?
How do I get a DS Logon (eBenefits) Premium account if I am a Veteran?
What is in-person proofing?
Why is in-person proofing necessary for a DS Logon Premium account?
Where can I be in-person proofed for a DS Logon (eBenefits) Premium account and what information will I need to bring?
Can I obtain a DS Logon (eBenefits) Premium account over the telephone?
How do I request a DS Logon (eBenefits) Premium account using my MyHealtheVet account?
Can a Spouse or Dependent of a Veteran obtain a DS Logon?
What if I am not in DEERs?
What will I need to do when my DS Logon (eBenefits) activation code arrives?
What if I do not use my DS Logon (eBenefits) account for 12 months? Will I need to get in-person proofed again?
Can I activate my new account without waiting for my temporary access code?
Where can I get answers to my additional questions?
The eBenefits portal was developed by the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Department of Veterans Affairs to be a web based one-stop shop for online benefits-related tools and information for Wounded Warriors, Veterans, Service Members, their families, and their caretakers.
After you create an account, you can use my eBenefits to set up a profile, add and manage favorite links, access military personnel records such as your DD 214, and view healthcare information, and more.
Explore eBenefits to learn more about the available self-service features. Additional capabilities are always in development, so check back often. To get the most of your eBenefits experience, you will need to obtain a DoD Self Service (DS) Logon.
DS Logon is a secure, self-service logon ID that allows Beneficiaries affiliated with the DoD or the VA access to several websites using a single username and password. If you are already registered in DEERS, you are eligible for a DS Logon. Once you have a DS Logon, it's valid for the rest of your life.
A DS Logon supports the Personnel Identity Protection Directive and National Institute of Standards and Technology e-Authentication guidance. It provides a high level of authentication assurance in situations where Common Access Card authentication is not available.
A Basic DS Logon Basic account is an entry-level user account established online that provides limited access to your personal information. This level of account is only provided to individuals who have registered online on the eBenefits website without being in-person proofed. Many applications within eBenefits will not allow access with a Basic account.
A DS Logon Premium account is given to a user who has registered online through an identity proofing process or an in-person proofing process with a VA or DoD agency official. A Premium account is a higher level of validation and assurance as it enables eBenefits users access to personally identifiable information and unlimited access to all eBenefits features.
If you have a Common Access Card you may request a DS Logon for yourself and eligible family members via the DS Access Center at https://myaccess.dmdc.osd.mil/dsaccess/.
No. If you are an active duty service member, having a Common Access Card verifies that you have been in-person proofed.
If you have a DFAS myPay Login identification, you may request a DS Logon for yourself and eligible family members via the DS Access Center at https://myaccess.dmdc.osd.mil/dsaccess/.
You may also visit the eBenefits Registration webpage for other ways to obtain a DS Logon account.
You can obtain a DS Logon Basic account by registering online via eBenefits . To obtain a Premium account, you can register in-person, on the telephone, or online depending on your status. See the links below to determine your best route to obtaining a Premium account.
In-person proofing is a method of verifying the identity of a Veteran, Service Member, or dependent. It requires that you appear in person at a VA regional office or DoD TRICARE facility located on a military installation and verify your identity.
In-person proofing ensures that you are who you say you are. It also prevents an imposter from using your name to create a fraudulent DS Logon account.
In person proofing is currently performed at designated VA Regional Offices or DoD TRICARE facilities. You will need to bring the following identification with you to be in-person proofed.
- At least one form of photo identification issued by a federal or state government. This includes a state-issued driver's license, identification card, or U.S. passport (expired or unexpired).
- A secondary form of identification. This includes a birth certificate, social security card, or picture ID from a non-governmental entity (for example, a university identification).
- If the address on your identification items doesn’t match the address in DEERS, you need to bring proof of residency. This can be can be a utility bill, phone bill, financial statement, mortgage voucher, or rent voucher.
Yes, you can obtain an eBenefits Premium account using the telephone proofing process. You must be receiving VA monetary benefit payments via electronic funds transfer. Your monetary payments can be compensation, pension, education, or vocational rehabilitation. To telephone proof, you must provide the following information:
- Full name (Last name used while in service may be different than what is provided);
- Social Security Number;
- Checking or Savings Account Number and Routing Number;
- Dollar amount of your most recent electronic fund transfer.
To obtain your new or upgraded DS Logon (eBenefits) Premium account, you must use the DS Logon Account Request Portal and follow the steps below.
- Go to http://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-dslogon-portal-web/dslogonauth.portal and sign in with your In-Person Authenticated My HealtheVet credentials.
- Click on the DS Logon Account Request tab.
- Check the appropriate boxes to verify and acknowledge use of your personal information.
- Click Request DS Logon account.
- Receive your DS Logon activation code.
- Go to https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/dsaccess/ and select Activate a DS Logon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your DS Logon.
- Record your username and password. Then return to eBenefits and click Log in.
A spouse or dependent of a Service member or Veteran may request a DS Logon at a DoD RAPIDS facility when obtaining a military identification card or at a VA regional office after completing an in-person proofing process.
The spouse or dependent of a DoD Sponsor may also initiate a DS Logon request via the DS Access Center via https://myaccess.dmdc.osd.mil/dsaccess/.
A family member may choose one of the following options:
- Spouse or family member of a service member: Have the DoD sponsor request a DS Logon on behalf of the family member.
- Dependent age 18 or older: If the dependent has an ID card or having it replaced and you has the proper documentation, a DS Logon may be requested without having a sponsor present.
Enrollment in DEERS is automatic for all Service Members and Veterans who have served since 1982. Those who served prior to 1982 are being added from VA/DoD records.
If you find that you're not registered in DEERS or are simply not sure, call the DEERS Support Office toll-free telephone number:
- 800-527-5602 for Alaska and Hawaii
- 800-334-4162 for California
- 800-538-9552 for All Other States
Note: The best time to call the DEERS office is between 0600 and 1500 PST.
Once you receive your DS Logon activation code, via the mail in about 5-12 business days, go to the DoD Self-Service Access Center, then click Activate a DoD Self-Service Logon.
No, you do not need to be in-person proofed again. The DoD Self-Service Logon credential does not expire. However, if the account is not used for 150 days, the password will expire. To log on to the account again, the password must be reset by answering the challenge questions that were chosen during the initial setup of the account.
Yes you can. In order to do so you must:
- Logon to the DS ACCESS CENTER (http://myaccess.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/dsaccess/)
- Select "Manage My Information."
- Enter your DS LOGON Username and Password (DOB formatted as MMDDYYYY).
Note: If you don’t know your username, contact us (see below for contact information).
- If you are successful the screen will display a message to "Change Password."
NOTE: If you happen to repeat step 4 multiple times unsuccessfully your account may be suspended and the screen will display "Unlock Account." Below are instructions on how to unlock your account.
“Change Password” Message: To successfully change your password:
- Reenter your preset password (DOB formatted as MMDDYYYY).
- Enter your new password – twice.
“Unlock Account” Message: To unlock your account:
- Answer 3 challenge questions. (Hint: the answers are DOB formatted as MMDDYYYY.)
This will unlock your account and you can establish a personalized password as described under “Change Password.”
After your Password has been established successfully, logon to the DS Access Center again (using your new password) and set your Challenge Questions. Once completed, log into eBenefits using your new account information.
You can obtain answers to your questions by:
- Submitting your request by email to EBENEFITSFEEDBACK.VBACO@va.gov or
- Contacting a VA benefits representative at 1-800-827-1000 (Monday-Friday, 8am to 9pm EST)
- For questions about eBenefits call 1-800-983-0937 (Monday-Friday, 7am to 7pm CST)