Search this Topic:
Sep 21 13 7:38 AM
Sep 21 13 7:43 AM
Sep 21 13 7:44 AM
c3gees wrote:What is the disability percentage award that allows one to file IU? I have seen recently someone comment 70% and I thought it is 60%.
Sep 21 13 5:49 PM
Sep 21 13 7:51 PM
Sep 22 13 8:37 AM
Sep 22 13 12:04 PM
Sep 22 13 1:00 PM
ZMan wrote:In addition to those links here are recent changes concerning TDIU.
Last week my VSO told me on a new TDIU application you list the one disability that prevents you from working (bullet 1)Revise Procedure for Individual Unemployability Ratings (June 17, 2013)
Overview of Changes* VA will no longer presume a claim for TDIU is a claim for increase in all service-connected disabilities. As part of a substantially complete application for TDIU, VA will require that the claimant with multiple service-connected disabilities specify at least one disability that he or she believes causes the unemployability.
* VA will consider the Veteran’s specification of the disabilities that he or she believes cause unemployability to be claims for increased evaluation for those conditions.
* VA will require the claimant complete and submit VA Form 21-8940, Veteran's Application for Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability to substantiate the claim of TDIU.
* VA will administratively deny TDIU claims if VA requests, but the Veteran does not submit, required forms or evidence.
* VA has the flexibility to request either condition-specific Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs) or a general medical DBQ when VA determines that examinations are needed to decide the claim.
* VA will interpret the schedular requirements in 38 C.F.R. 4.16(a) to mean that acombined 70 percent rating is only required if no single disability is rated at 60 percent disabling
Sep 23 13 4:13 PM
Sep 23 13 11:05 PM
Sep 24 13 8:46 AM
Sep 24 13 8:55 AM
Sep 25 13 10:47 AM
© 2017 Yuku. All rights reserved.