I am trying to help my old driver/crewman with the above.
He has never been to VA. Has had hearing problems for many, many years. His employment has been in manufacturing and aluminum smelter.
1. In Vietnam he was in combat, had a fifty caliber being fired just above his head and to his right. Standard stuff, bloopers, his 16 and frags going off.
2. Tank cannons were also fired nearby, often close enough to feel the concussion from the 90mm, very loud.
3. He was close by when some tanks hit anti-tank mines.
4. No PH but can get letters from NCOs and old CO about his duties.
5. Often wore CVC helmet but not always when exposed.
If my understanding is correct about what is needed two things can be provided, present diagnosis, exposure to noise from combat then. Oh yeah, never saw medic about his ears, would not have shown on the record anyway.
So here is my question.
What documentation must he have and from whom after military???
Thanks to all, his TC Jim